Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Utah leads nation...

KSL news just reported that Utah leads nation in pain killer deaths. 

"A new study shows that painkiller abuse has not only reached epidemic levels in the United States, but overdose deaths continue a disturbing rise.

And Utah is among the top states leading the nation in deaths."

I wish I knew how to help those family members who have someone they love who is abusing these drugs or any drugs for that matter.  Believe me having family members who abused and died and are still it is not easy!  Don't think for one moment that you as the abuser is only hurting yourself.  THAT IS NOT TRUE. 

Well after taking 6 months off from writing on this blog I am back.  I saw this news article on the news and thought I really need to get back to writing on this blog.  Why?  I really don't know why. 

After Zack's death this blog was a way for me to come and let my feelings out and try and help get the word out about the huge problem prescription drug abuse is in Utah and the nation.  For the first few month after his death the family was gung hoe about starting this foundation and getting involved with different groups, but because of a lack of understanding, poor communication, frustrations, anger, and lack of motivation among other things this is it, a blog that I have not visited or wrote on in 6 months. 

Until I read this article and saw it on the news, I had put the whole prescription drug problem out of my head.  I enjoyed a great summer with my family.  I decided after some research and counselling that I wanted to surround my family and I with people who didn't take so much from me emotionally.  We didn't visit Idaho and haven't for almost a year as I was not emotionally ready to deal with the drama that is there.  I don't know that I am still ready?

2 comments:

  1. I think part of healing is taking a break. Trusting you to know when to push forward and when to sit back. Hugs to you. I love you, I am so sad for your loss and your pain, and I know YOU will take this pain and change the world.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take whatever time you need to heal your own heart. Things in Idaho, are healing as well...and well anything worthwhile takes time. Still in the game, going forward in Faith...which enables HOPE, and with HOPE...we will have it all.

    ReplyDelete