Wednesday, January 12, 2011

~Purpose of this Blog~

I'm going to be blunt: This blog is to help families who are dealing with loved ones or have lost loved ones due to perscription drug abuse.  Our family has a son who is now clean but once was addicted, one who just lost his battle to death in December of 2010 and we have a few more family members still struggling with addiction.  We have sat in silence for too long not wanting to bring to "LITE" our struggles.  No more.  We want to help families turn the LITES ON about this problem so we can help you and your family and in turn you can help other families. 
We will share with you our story and lead you to the help you may need for your family. 
Please check out our different pages:
-Contact Us
-Websites dedicated to perscription drug abuse
-Memorial
***You can also join our live chat room at the bottom of this page.

Thank you and we hope this will help you in anyway!

4 comments:

  1. In order to fix as problem, it has to be acknowledged...in order to fix a problem, there has to be a viable plan of action. In order to fix a problem...one has to have HOPE, that it is possible to see a brighter day. I am so humbled and in awe that someone is willing to show that in their own grief, humiliation, heart-ache and sorrow something positive can come about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a big part of the problem isn't the drugs. There are much deeper things going on.

    I've heard one analogy: Canaries in the cage.
    A long time ago, miners would take canaries in to the mines with them. When the canaries dies, they would know the air was too toxic, and they would leave.

    In my way of thinking, most people with addictions are the canaries in the cage. They are the first ones afflicted by the things that are off around them. (Whether in the family unit or society as a whole.) Addictions can be both a blessing and a curse: They can let us know there is something that needs to change... But if we don't SEE them for what they are, we will lose even more.

    I'm so sorry that you've lost your son. I pray that good will come from your loss, and I know it will never make up for not having your son here with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, Thank you for your input and I think you are right. We are all faced with challenges in this life, mental illness, disabilities, food addiction, eating disorders, OCD, etc., and these challenges can present them selves anytime especially when something triggers it. I believe that is why one of the many reasons we are placed in families to help each other with our own unique challenges. Sometimes we as family members don't know how to help because we don't understand the challenge. I didn't understand Zack and his challenge with drugs and I didn't know how to help him. If I had attended rehab with him or attended a support group I could have better understood the effects drugs had on him. I guess it was just easier to not talk about it and pretend it wasn't a problem then to face it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shannie just sent me this link. I blog..*too much* and I can help you with anything. I will link to this blog and start spreading the word. I have had a lot of response since I started writing about it on my blog a few days ago.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete